Mugdha Sanjay Attarde, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Innisfree’s skin care products are formulated with an average of 80% naturally derived ingredients sourced from Jeju Island. This island has a fertile oasis and a unique ecosystem with unparalleled resources to nurture beautiful skin due to volcanic origins. From plant to bottle, their unique extraction techniques maintain the strength and purity of these healthy nutrients, resulting in cutting-edge formulations that safely address all skin issues without the use of potentially dangerous chemicals. The name is inspired by ‘William Butler Yeats’ lyrical poem named The Lake Isle of Innisfree, which expresses a longing to leave behind urban life for a beautiful peaceful island, where you can enjoy the fruits of nature’s abundance. Just like Jeju. They pledge-
1. Promote healthy beauty through natural ingredients.
2. Provide innovative and reasonably-priced skincare solutions for all skin types and concerns.
3. Offer a sensorial escape through the wonders of Jeju Island.
4. Preserve and protect nature’s vitality through eco-conscious initiatives.
It is an aloe revital soothing gel from Innisfree. It is a super light moisturizer and gets absorbed easily. It helps to restore the skin and balance the pH to keep your skin soft and smooth. Its lightweight formula gets absorbed easily without leaving any sticky feeling. It is ideal for all seasons.
Water/Aqua/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Tromethamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Menthoxypropanediol, Madecassoside.
*You can’t expect it to be a fully natural product as some preservatives are used in every product. But the quantity of usage is very less and the product is listed as safe on EWG and Skin charisma.
Let’s talk about the use of each Ingredient-
1. Water/Aqua/Eau- It is used as a solvent.
2. Butylene Glycol- It is used as a moisturizer/humectant, solvent and viscosity controller.
3. Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer- It is used as a viscosity controller.
4. Phenoxyethanol -It is used as a preservative.
5. Tromethamine- It is used as a buffer.
6. Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract- It is used as a soothing agent, emollient and moisturizer/humectant.
7. Sodium Polyacrylate-It is used as a viscosity controller and emollient.
8. Ethylhexylglycerin-It is used as a preservative.
9. Disodium EDTA- It is used as a chelating agent and viscosity controller.
10. Madecassoside- It is an antioxidant and soothing agent.
Benefits of Aloe Vera gel
1. Helps soothe sunburn with its cooling and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Helps to moisturize the skin.
3. Boosts healing of wounds.
4. Fights skin-ageing since it has vitamin C and E, beta-carotene in abundance.
5. Reduces infection and acne.
6. Lightens blemishes on the face as it boosts skin cell reproduction, reduces redness, and fights skin inflammation.
7. It helps in hair growth and keeps dandruff at bay.
8. It acts as a conditioner for the hair and scalp.
Good and hygienic packaging. It comes in a tube form and is 300 ml. It comes in a small size. It has a small dispenser that leads to zero wastage and prevents air interaction.
Price– 550 Rs.
Colour and texture
This is colourless aloe vera gel with a medium-thick consistency. It feels sticky while applying but melts into the skin within seconds.
1. It has a smooth application and gets absorbed into the skin easily. Skin feels soft after use.
2. It is very soothing and gives a cooling sensation on application.
3. It has no smell initially but gradually gives off a mild sweet smell after application.
4. Doesn’t leave a greasy feel.
5. Reduces irritation.
6. Skin feels firmer after application.
Pros and Cons
1. Hygienic packaging.
2. 93% Aloe vera, Madecassoside.
3. Free of parabens, alcohol, and artificial colour.
4. Mild fragrance.
Innisfree’s empty bottle Recycling program encourages people to drop off their empties at any Innisfree store and rewards people with loyalty points. So not only this aloe vera gel care for us but also the environment.
5. Can be used on skin, hair, and body.
1. Comes in only size so bulky while travelling.
What are your thoughts about this product? Tell us in the comments!